Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shopping with Sheaffer :)

 I got out of the house yesterday (Monday) for the first time since Thursday night.  
My little family was hit HARD with a stomach bug.
 It took all of us out:  me, the hubby, the kid, even the dog.
I wish I could say I was kidding about the dog part.
Having everybody sick at the same time was NO BUENO.  We were still a little slower yesterday than normal and took it easy most of the day, but the little one and I got out for a bit.
So....where did we go on our little outing?
Did you not see on Big Mama that skinny jeans were on sale at Old Navy for $19?
Yep, that's where we went.
I mean, I felt like I deserved a little something for cleaning up dog puke when I myself was puking.
And let's be honest, there's no better time to try on skinny jeans then after you've had a stomach bug.
Right? :)
Wanna come shopping with me?
Let's go!

I have to say that I'm not usually a big Old Navy shopper,
 not that you would have known that yesterday.  
I felt like there was SO MUCH STUFF that I HAD to have.
In fact, I wanted to try on more, but the 4 year old that was with me was on my case to get to Target to get him a Transformer.  And the little fella deserved it after his last several days.
I didn't buy everything you see in these pics, but I totally wanted to.
Now, I will warn you, sometimes the prices that Old Navy has in their stores is better than what they have on the website. And, sometimes they run online sales (where you enter a code and get a certain % off your total purchase) that they don't honor in the stores.  So, I will provide you with the link, but I will also tell you what I got them for in the store yesterday if I notice a difference in the online price.

The cords were on sale for $19! (regularly $34.50)
  They were such a cute fit and came in an array of different colors.  I did have to go up a size, which is never fun.  But I got over it because they were so flipping cheap.
These sweaters were on sale for $15!  Loved the v-neck, and they were sooooooo soft.  They came in several different solids and several different stripes.
 polka dot camis
I can see these layered under so many different things!
I could not find the link to these, but they were on sale for $8 in the store. Great colors and a cute little lace detail on the top.
The sweatpants came in several different colors too, and I really liked the way they fit; low on the hips and a good length.
The green skinny jeans were something that I had been looking for.  Again, I had to go up a size, but they were only $19 like the cords!  The striped sweater was on sale for $20, and just think of all the possibilities with different colored skinny jeans or cords with this sweater!
The dress wasn't on sale, but it was only $24.50!  Imagine all of the fall and winter styling options!
I tried on several other shirts, and I really liked them all!
 striped boatneck tee       lavendar "silk" shirt      kelly green v-neck sweater      rust button up
Like I said, I didn't buy everything above....but it wasn't because I didn't want to.
I really do try to exercise some self-control when shopping :), so I typically don't buy
something if it's not on sale.
Especially at Gap, Old Navy, and The LOFT.
All 3 of those stores have pretty much adopted the Hobby Lobby philosophy of retail.
If you have ever shopped Hobby Lobby, then you totally know what that means.
Basically, if something isn't on sale this week, it will be the next week.
And, all 3 of those stores are also constantly running 2 or 3 day promotions where you get a certain % off your entire purchase.
So, if it's not on sale, I don't buy it.  Easy peasy.
If I want it that badly, I will check back the next week!
{Okay...so I just checked all of the links, and I realized that they no longer seem to have lavendar cords, the lavendar "silk" shirt, or the kelly green sweater.  However, they do still have all of them in several other color options.}

Oh....before I go, I thought I would do a quick Pinterest inspired outfit.
I feel like I am saying this all the time....but I never would have put this outfit together on my own.
Nope. Not me.  Not in a million years.
But I totally dig it!
Green Cardigan:  LOFT
Cream layered shirt:  LOFT
Leggings:  Francesca's (had trouble finding on the website, $12 in store)
Right now at Fracesca's, they are running a buy one piece of clothing get one for 50% off through October 1st! Awesome!!!
Necklaces:  LOFT
Earrings:  Express
Boots:  Ross

Besides the leggings (which I purchased a couple of weeks ago), everything else is several years old, so i can't link to any of it.  Sorry!
Still, I bet a lot of you have similar pieces in your closet already.
  If you do, throw them together, and call it an outfit!

p.s.  If "Shopping with Sheaffer" is popular, I will make it a semi-regular post, so let me know what you think! And when I go shopping, I will call it "research".  Yeah, the hubby will buy that for sure.

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Next time, I want the Shopping with Sheaffer segment to include Shay!!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from Hi Sugarplum!! I am really enjoying it!! I love that you brought us shopping with you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your version even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 9am. I've already had two friends text me they want shopping with Sheaffer...in real life...the four of us....going to the store...shopping together....with you as our stylist!!! Please? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the outfits from Old Navy. I don't shop there very often but I am going today! Glad y'all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stooping by to say hello and I adore your blog. The outfits are fab and you are so darn funny! I found your blog through Shay's blog which I found one day looking up the Red Sox, my home team!
    Anyhow, I just love fashion and seeing outfits put together so thanks for doing all that so I can copy your ideas! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! It's so creative. You are such a clever girl! And, seem like so much fun! I too am obessed with all things LOFT and Pinterest and Andy Cohen, etc. Keep up the Shopper with Sheaffer segment. It's great! In fact I have a challenge for you ... I love wearing jeggings/leggings with boots. However, I don't like to wear them unless I have a longer tunic style top which is hard to find sometimes. I like them to fit mid-thigh but I don't like to look like I have a tent on. Any suggestions? Would love to see some ideas you come up with.

    Great job on the blog! Bravo!
    Nancy
    Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Confession- when I have to go a size up I cut the tag out of my pants after I buy them :). Love old navy, hate going a size up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Definitely make it a regular post! :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously!!! I love this post! Shopping with Sheaffer is a keeper for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the shorts that you are wearing in the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  12. In case anybody else wants to know about the shorts...I got them from the GAP in the spring (probably in March or April). I LOVED them and I tried to buy them in other colors mid-summer when they went on sale, but they were all sold out. I'm actually hoping they will have them again next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute stuff! I hit up old navy this weekend too...the pink skinnies (sized up, boo) and a denim shirt came home with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love LOVE your blog!!! I totally do what pinterest tells me to.. and proud of it. Now I'll do what Sheaffer tells me, too:) Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this idea.. so fun! Please make this a weekly post! Have a great weekend!!

    Rachel Tapscott (AKA discoverer of the hue leggings)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw a chick at the dentist in that Old Navy dress. It looks way better on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog, and hope to win your chew bead necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your outfit is cuter..can't believe you had it all in your closet already!

    ReplyDelete

I would of course love to hear what you think! As long as it is super sweet.....and maybe a little sassy. Sheaffer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...