Monday, November 26, 2012

I Got Yo' Man Covered. You're Welcome.

First, there is something I need to share with you.
I'm sad.
Nothing serious mind  you, but I kinda wanted to tear up bawl my head off when I was supposed to get THESE in the mail...
20% off site wide and free shipping with code CYBER


and instead I got these.
 Yep, somehow there was a mix-up.
I was supposed to get the prettiest pair of boots I've ever seen. 
Instead, I got one of the ugliest pairs of sandals in the history of the world.
Can't you just see these being worn with pleated polyester pants and hose? 
They are Naturalizers for crying out loud. 
Hopefully the error is being corrected as we speak. 

My friend Shay already got her boots, 
and she can't stop gushing about them.
Yep, her brother is The Bachelor AND she has awesome boots.
Figures.
;) 

I'm so afraid there aren't going to be any tall ones left (only 3 sizes left right now).  The tall ones and the short ones are selling like crazy.  
(I've updated this post 3 times to reflect the boots that are still in stock.)
If they are out of the tall ones by the time they get back to me, I guess I will get these ankle boots, there seems to be plenty of sizes (at least for now)
and I love them too.
I'm actually loving a lot of the Not Rated boots, and I'd never even heard of this brand until last week.

30% off site wide and free shipping with code CYBER30

Now...on to regularly scheduled programming.  



On the THIRD day of Christmas, my true love sent to me,
STUFF FOR YOUR MAN,
things on sale*,
(Try not to read it and sing it.  I dare you.)

*You really need to check out the LOFT sale.  
50% off EVERYTHING today only, even items previously on sale...
AND you get a $25 gift card for every $50 you spend!  CRAZY!  
*And J Crew Factory is now 50% off everything for Cyber Monday with the code YOURGIFT!  And there is free shipping!

So, today I will be focusing on things for the man in your life.
Your hubby, your dad, your brother, your boyfriend, your favorite uncle, your son, your brother-in-law, your "special friend".
You know.....a man.
Any man will do.
If you like what you see, act fast!  Cyber Monday deals on all of these things end today...and who knows how long the stock will last.  

My hubby has most of the things on this list so they are Pinterest Told Me To Hubby Approved!
FYII tried to do a Google image search for a "hubby approved seal", 
and this is literally the first picture that popped up.

Not quite what I had in mind, but it'll do.

 Okay....on with the 3rd Day of Christmas list....
  
 These are my man's tennis shoes.  
He LOVES them.
They are Merrell, so they are obviously super comfortable.
(If you aren't familiar with the Merrell brand, they are known for their comfort.)  
Plus, they look cool!
They are billed as a hiking shoe, but my man doesn't hike.
He just walks.
And when I say he walks, I mean he walks to his truck.  
Click HERE if you want them for your man! 
 20% off site wide and free shipping with code CYBER

via
********************
These are also the hubby's. 
And they are also Merrell.
Again, SUPER comfortable...and they look great with khaki pants and jeans.
Click HERE if you think your man would like these. 
 20% off site wide and free shipping with code CYBER
   
via
**********************
 The next several things are Fossil.
Why?
Because I love and adore all things Fossil.
And so should you.
(There will be lots more Fossil goodness during the rest of the Christmas series for the ladies too.)
This is just a belt.
Just a plain brown belt with a nice brushed silver buckle.
But it's nice.
And it's well priced.
And who wouldn't like this?
Nobody.
My hubby likes his.
Click HERE if you're interested in the belt.
15% off with code CYBER
via
********************
This is a Fossil shaving kit.
And I dig it.
Does your man travel a lot on business?
If so, this is perfect for him!
Or maybe your man is like my man, and he goes hunting a lot.
Either way, this is a really nice bag for him to take with him.  My guy loves his!
(He got it as a present from my sister a couple of years ago.)
free shipping, free returns
via
 ********************
My hubby doesn't wear a watch, but I know that most guys do, so I thought 
I would offer up some options.
 Fossil makes really good looking men's watches that won't totally break the bank.
Because watches can totally do that.

Here are 3 great options at different price points.

And if my man wore a watch, I think this might be his favorite of the 3.
The catalog says:We've enhanced the look of this industrial-inspired Machine watch with a utility leather strap and rugged gunmetal dial.free shipping

via


The catalog says:  Crafted in high-grade titanium with a leather strap, our Machine watch strikes the perfect balance between durable and lightweight. free shipping
via



I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this watch. 
 And I think a guy who is a "watch guy" would love this one too. 
The catalog says:  With a military-inspired design, our Nate watch, constructed in high-grade titanium, strikes the perfect balance between durable and lightweight. free shipping



via
********************


Click HERE for this shirt.
Or to see at least 100 other cute GAP shirts for men.  
You and your guy are bound to like one of them!
30% off with code CYBER, free shipping on all orders over $50, and free returns on all orders
via

 Click HERE for these jeans.
They come in regular and tall.
And as you know, Gap has lots and lots of jeans, 
so if you don't like these, you know you can find another pair!
30% off with code CYBER, free shipping on all orders over $50, and free returns on all orders
via
********************
My hubby has put together quite The North Face jacket collection over the last 5 years or so.
Just ask his friends. 
They make fun of him because he wears these jackets all the time.
Contrary to what the name implies, you don't need to be at the top of a snow capped mountain to wear these.
According to him, they are the perfect jackets.
Lightweight.
Super durable.
Warm.
Click HERE to see this one.
free shipping right now and 25% off for today only with code CYBER
via

Hands down,
The catalog says:   Not sure if the forecast calls for a thunderstorm or a snowstorm? This versatile three-in-one jacket provides optimal cold and wet weather protection so you'll never need to debate which jacket is best for the conditions. With a waterproof, breathable, seam sealed exterior featuring an adjustable, removable hood, stay dry during wet weather with just the shell. For cold, wintertime weather, pair it with the fleece interior jacket for optimal warmth.
If a guy can adore a jacket, he adores this jacket. 
Click HERE to see this one.
free shipping right now and 25% off for today only (this jacket was also already on sale!) with code CYBER
via

********************
 Two years ago my man broke down and bought himself a nice pair of sunglasses.
He went with Oakley, and he has been totally pleased with his splurge purchase.
He insists they need to be polarized (I don't even know what that means).
I can't find his, but these are similar. And they are polarized
Click HERE.
free shipping and online code for 15% off  today only
via
 *********************
If you're man likes grilling, check out this set!
It is through Open Sky, which I'm not super familiar with,but it looks like a really cool site!
This set is  14% off today and has free shipping for Cyber Monday.
 **********************
Last but certainly not least....most men love tools.
(My dad doesn't, but most men do.  Don't worry dad, I promise not to get you a drill for Christmas.)
But most men go nutty over power tools.
My man is no different.
 He swears he couldn't live without it.
I'm thinking you could get lots of brownie points if this was under the tree!
Click HERE if you want it for your guy!
free shipping
via


And I thought I would leave you with 1 image from this weekend.
I went to the country with my family for Thanksgiving, and right when I got out of bed on Friday morning, I put on a pair of flip flops to walk around in the ranch house 
so my socks wouldn't get dirty.
The sister-in-law looked at me like "really?" and asked "Did Pinterest tell you to do that?"
Everybody's a comedian.  ;)

On second thought...maybe those Naturalizer sandals would be good for me after all.:)

Check back tomorrow for a Pinterest inspired outfit post from a guest blogger!
Who is it?
I'll give you a hint:
She helps you "get your pretty on"!  ;)
And remember...the DASH (Deals and Steals Hop) Linky Party goes live Thursday morning!
Can't wait to see all of your deals and steals!!!

Linking up today with:
YOLO Monday
Covered in Grace
Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Loved all of your guy advice! A watch for a man is the perfect gift...it's ageless, it doesn't matter if they're fat or super skinny...it works for everyone. Great choice! And yes, I'm typing this from my pjs wearing those boots...they just look good with everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shay! Laughing SO hard at you! "they just look good with everything"
      HILARIOUS!
      Do you have bangles on too?

      Delete
  2. I really wish you had rocked those granny sandals with socks. What a mix up! Hope your boots arrive soon. :) Great guy gift ideas for manly men. Nothing frou frou about those! My hubby would love the Northface jacket and the tool set. Looking forward to guest posting tomorrow AND to the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some awesome guy gift ideas. I'm not sure why men are so hard to buy for but they definitely all are!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!!! And yes, I can see your hubby in all of it. He walks to his truck...LOL. Hope ya'll had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making me laugh this morning! I would have loved to see your face when you opened your package and saw those sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so, so sad about the sandals versus the boots! Hope the mix-up gets figured out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you I went ahead and ordered the boots. I've been eyeing them since you posted and I couldn't resist the discount. You website has me purchasing ALL the time now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you! Just ordered the jeans, belt and shoes for my hubs. Nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 'Nate' watch is on my list for the Boyfriend. I'm debating between that and some other Fossil's I like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not going to lie...I kinda giggled when I saw those sandals!! Those are TERRIBLE! And even worse that you were expecting pretty boots! Hope the "real" shoes come in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! Those sandals are horrible! That's such a huge disappointment. I hope you get those gorgeous boots soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shaeffer! Can't tell you how much I adore your blog...and you! It's the little things in life, right!? Thank you for brightening the day of this SAHM every day. I love reading daily! I can't buy a lot of clothes right now ( and don't need to) but SO enjoy reading about! I have tried a few of the little "luxuries" you mention...the McDonald's smoothie-yum! Please keep throwing in a few special things like that! Also, a special request: can you show us some of your home? I keep seeing darling accessories peeking out here and there! I love seeing how people decorate! I asked this question on Shay's blog too ;) Thanks again! You're precious and I love your name too! :) hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  13. NOOOOOO! That totally sucks about your boots!!! That is something that would happen to me. Fingers crossed you get them. And I so wore flip flops with socks at our camphouse this weekend!! Too funny! Love the gift guide....super helpful for those hard to buy for men!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shaeffer! Not sure what size you are, but just today I returned two pairs, size 9, of the Not Rated boots one tall brown and one tall cream. I literally jumped online and bought them immediately after reading your initial post. They arrived last week and I was soooo excited to get them so I put them on right away and.....I was so disappointed. They just didn't look as cute on as they did online...they kind of made me look like I had fat ankles??? So back they went...here's hoping you're a size 9, although I doubt it because you look too cute and tiny to have such big feet :) I hope yours work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn! I'm sooo sorry you weren't happy with your boots. My friends Ashley and Shay already have theirs, and they both LOVE them. Shay has the brown leather and Ashley has the cream suede. I'm actually featuring another pair of boots on Wednesday, maybe you'll like those! ;) I just got word from Amazon, and they are unable to correct the order. Soooooooooooooo sad. Wish I was a size 9 and I could get yours (I'm a 6 1/2)! Thanks for thinking of me!
      xoxo,
      Sheaffer :)

      Delete
  15. I literally laughed out loud at this post. First of all, the sandal debacle is funny enough. But, when I read the line about your husband just walking to his truck.....priceless. The boots are lovely and I hope that gets straightened out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those sandals. NO. Just NO. How in the world did they manage a mix up like that? HORRIBLE!! Hope you get your cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry about the mix up. Somewhere in Miami, an elderly retired lady received your cute boots! :-) Hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete

I would of course love to hear what you think! As long as it is super sweet.....and maybe a little sassy. Sheaffer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...