Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pinterest Told GET YOUR PRETTY ON To!

You guys are in for a treat today!
My newest blog friend, Alison over at Get Your Pretty On
is going to be showing us what Pinterest told her to do!
You're gonna love her (that is if you don't hate her for her gorgeous smile, shiny hair, pretty landscaping, plantation shutters, and what looks like hand-scraped dark wood floors).
;)

****************************************

Hola, Pinterest Told Me To readers! 
I'm Alison from Get Your Pretty On and I'm thrilled to be guest posting at Sheaffer's blog.
 Sheaffer and I met through bloggy land and hit it off immediately. We both have golden retrievers, met our hubbies 19 years ago and when we realized we lived near one another, we knew we just had to meet up in real life!
We had our first official "blate" (date with a blog friend) recently and it went swimmingly. 
Trust me when I say that she is just as cute and sweet in person as she is in the blogosphere. 

When Sheaffer asked me to re-create some outfits from Pinterest,
I saw an opportunity for sweet redemption. 

You see, Pinterest to me is a big ol' guilt trip. 
A constant reminder of all of the cool stuff I've pinned yet never done. 
 Recipes I swore I'd make, outfits I wanted to re-create, craft ideas that I went as far as buying the supplies for but never attempted. 
Pinterest tells me that I'm an underachiever, a disappointment, a let down. 
 It hurts my self-esteem. 
Well, my dears, that's all about to change.
 I will shout it from the roof tops, 
"I am NOT a failure, Pinterest. I pinned it AND did it!" 

Drum roll, please....
Ladies, I now present to you my very first Pinterest re-creations!
 In one of my recent pinning frenzies, I found two looks featuring chambray shirts and fell in love with both. The best part is I was able to re-create them using stuff I already own. My chambray shirt from H&M has been one of my favorite purchases this season. It's versatility never ceases to amaze me. Have you ever seen an outfit and said "YES, that is SO me!" Well this one is it. The riding boots, the pearls and cardigan - it's a classic that will never go out of style.
via

Did I happen to mention that I'm a Target addict? Well, if not, then this outfit pretty much proves it. The yellow sweater, necklace, bracelets, jeans and belt are all Tar-zhay and were $20 and under! The boots are Loft (last year).
This second look is completely effortless and oh so comfy!
 I'd seriously live in tank tops and leggings if I could.
Start with that as the base, throw on a chambray shirt, scarf and your favorite boots...
and voila!
Instant outfit.
via
via
 The leggings are from Marshall's, the tank is Forever 21, the boots are from Target (last year), the scarf was bought in Mexico and the gold watch is from New York & Company. 
Every piece of this outfit was $20 or under, except the chambray shirt which was $24.99.
So, take that Pinterest! I did it!
Hope you all liked my outfit re-creations and that you'll stop by and visit me at Get Your Pretty On where I provide outfit inspiration and show you how to build your wardrobe on just $20 a week.

Thanks so much, Sheaffer, it's been a blast! 
My sense of accomplishment is soaring. 
Maybe I'll even take on one of those recipes I pinned? 
Nah, better not over do it!

*************************************
Thanks Alison!
I've got so much to say that I don't even know where to begin.
About the first look...
 you pulled off the denim on denim PERFECTLY!
And that sister, is hard to do without coming off too 80's...
or even too 90's.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
 I know it can be so great if done right, but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet, until now!
You've shown me that it's okay!!!
You totally just schooled me on Denim on Denim.
Somebody should have told Justin that Denim on Denim is okay....
but denim on denim on denim on denim is just crossing the line.

About the 2nd look, 
It is pinned from a super cute blog called Katie Did What.
I tried that look already (in fact, I tried to recreate that exact picture), 
and it didn't work for me.
However, after seeing your picture, now I know why!
My denim shirt doesn't taper up on the sides like yours and the inspiration pics does.
I think that is the key to making that outfit work!
However, even though my shirt doesn't taper up, I feel it necessary to again profess my love for it.
I mean....is there a more versatile piece of clothing out there?
Click HERE if you want to see all of my denim shirt looks.
Alison, you did an AWESOME job, 
and I'm proud to be your bloggy friend.
You totally showed Pinterest who is boss.
(And I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to be more than bloggy friends...but actually real life-long friends too!)

p.s.
Please remember to check back with both of us on Thursday for our first linky party!
 Get ready to share your amazing deals with blog land!
It's going to be a flipping blast!

p.p.s.
If you are new to the blog, and want to catch up on my 12 Days of Christmas Series, go HERE.

On the THIRD day of Christmas, my true love sent to me,
(Try not to read it and sing it.  I dare you.)

And as always, you can like me on Facebook here.
You can follow me on Pinterest here.
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. She is adorable! I love the denim shirt with the scarf. She totally has her pretty on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Sheaffer! I KNOW we are going to be real life-long friends. Thanks so much for allowing me the honor of guest posting. :)

    Somebody definitely needed to school Justin on denim on denim (on denim). But bad matching outfits aside, I kind of miss the Justin/Brit days. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is cute!

    =)


    Happy Holidays,


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Alison's pinterest recreations - she looks amazing! I love your chambray looks too - and I almost spit out my coffee at the 80s pics - ohhhh MG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those same boots from Target in her last picture. I LOVE them. sadly, the heel taps are so worn the posts are kind of destroyed. I don't know if they're fixable :'[

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the scarf was tied! The details really do make an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute looks...you rocked it Alison! Love them and plan on copying soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally wore her second outfit last week and it is now my go-to outfit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Alison!!! I have been avoiding buying a "jean shirt"...love how it is now called a "chambray shirt"....it will always be a jean shirt to me. Her outfits were so cute, I think I need to buy one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Alison!! I recently tried the chambray shirt with dark denim skinnies and must admit I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I feel so special!!!! :) Thanks for linking back to me, girl- YOU are so sweet!! Glad that I inspired her, too! You girls rocked the look!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog and love it! almost peeded my pants when I saw those old pics! hilarious! Note to self.. must be careful with my denim shirt....lol
    brooke
    onprairiehill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would of course love to hear what you think! As long as it is super sweet.....and maybe a little sassy. Sheaffer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...