Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dos

You ladies are getting two for the price of 1 day.
That's right.....2 outfits!
TWO!
Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I thought both of these outfits were just kind of "eh".
(If you're new here, you have to shrug your shoulders and
tilt your head to the side when you say "eh").
Try again.
Did you shrug and tilt?
Good.
Much better.

Don't get me wrong, they are perfectly acceptable outfits...but most of the time when I put together a Pinterest outfit I totally want to give myself a high-five because I am so pleased with the end result.
For example, I was high-fiving myself all day long for THIS outfit.

  I didn't feel either of these outfits today were high five worthy.
Still, they are worth showing.
So, here goes.

Outfit #1:
Navy and Orange is a combo that I don't think I ever put together before Pinterest told me to...
but now I do all the time.
I did it HERE (this was when the blog was brand new), and I've done it another time or two,
but my brain is failing me.
My inspiration pic is obviously much more dressy that my interpretation, 
but here's what's cool about it:
I knew about the orange and navy combination working together, 
but still....I hadn't put these two items together from my closet.
It took Salma's look of the tight orange shell dress with the small navy cardigan 
to inspire me to put this exact look together.
I love that I'm wearing items from my closet in different ways!
Ways that I never would have thought of on my own...
but Pinterest thought of them....bossed me....and bam....my wardrobe has "increased" simply because I'm wearing things in different combinations.
Prior to seeing this inspiration picture I had only worn this orange shirt with
white jeans or khaki shorts.  I was thinking it was only a summer shirt.  
Thank you Pinterest for telling me to shake it up a bit by throwing it on with darker colors!
Orange Shell:  J Crew Factory
Brass Necklace:  J Crew Factory
Navy Cardigan:  LOFT
Dark Denim Jeans:  Swanky Boutique
Black Boots:  Ross
Filigree Earrings:  Limited


Outfit #2:
Camel Cardigan:  LOFT
White t-shirt:  LOFT
Jeans:  Swanky Boutique
Scarf:  Nordstrom
Red Bag:  Fossil

That's it for today folks.  Sorry there are no links.
I'm using all of my brain power to write my Bachelor re-cap for tomorrow.
So, check back tomorrow for what will hopefully be some comedic genius.
Fingers crossed.  ;)
If you want to look back at previous recaps, click HERE.
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I just love that scarf in the second look. Love it! And I'm praying for the Lord to bless you with lots of sarcasm and funny humor for tomorrow's post. You've set the bar pretty high with your past work...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore orange and navy. And that scarf is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the navy orange color combo! I'm going to have to try that out! Looking forward to tomorrow's post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your orange JCrew shell in outfit 1. Your scarf is so pretty and colorful in outfit 2. can't wait to read your recap!
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I will agree with you that outfit number one is "eh", I remembered to tilt my head and hunch my shoulders. Dont get me wrong its not bad, I do love that color combo. But outfit 2 is super cute and far from just "eh".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are being too hard on your ol'self!!
    I love the looks of both outfits! I have to wear scrubs everyday to work (yuck) so anything other than scrubs looks great to me! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure its impossible for you to be "just eh"! You're so cute and you are rocking both of those outfits!! That scarf in outfit #2?! LOVE IT!! And the bag is fabulous too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure its impossible for you to be "just eh"! You're so cute and you are rocking both of those outfits!! That scarf in outfit #2?! LOVE IT!! And the bag is fabulous too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah navy and orange.. who knew? But you put it together in such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the "ehh" factor. Not bad, but not high-5 worthy. I prefer outfit #2 though. Love that scarf! And I officially need that scarf organizer. The top of my closet looks like a fabric store!

    ReplyDelete

I would of course love to hear what you think! As long as it is super sweet.....and maybe a little sassy. Sheaffer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...